Friday, August 29, 2014

FRIDAY FREEBITS - MARGARET TANNER - FALSELY ACCUSED

Hi everyone,
My friday freebits is taken from my novel Falsely Accused.
Don't for get to check out the other authors' Friday Freebits
http://mizging.blogspot.com

FALSELY ACCUSED

I’m going to see if they’ll let me speak with the surgeon,” Maryanne said.

“What’s the use, I’m going to die.” Libby started retching again.

“No you aren’t. Remember our pact. We will survive. Come on.” She took hold of the Irish girl’s hand. “Repeat after me. We will survive. We will survive.”

“Oh God, not feeling like this I won’t.”

“You will.”

Puddles of vomit squelched under Maryanne’s feet. The ship pitched and swayed even more dramatically, so as not to lose her footing, she grabbed on to the berths and edged along sideways. Fortunately, they were fairly close to the hatchway otherwise she never would have made it.

“Guard, are you there?” she yelled.
 
 

No comments: